A Message from Harrington Leadership
Welcome to Harrington Hospital and the Harrington HealthCare System.
We are a thriving regional independent healthcare system, anchored by Harrington Hospital in Southbridge and Harrington HealthCare at Hubbard in Webster, Massachusetts. We serve south central Massachusetts and northern Connecticut by providing personalized, attentive care as well as state-of-the-art equipment and medical techniques to better serve our patients.
Our mission is to provide TLC – Total Local Care – to everyone in our community. That means safely serving our patients and their families; taking a central role in the community by holding regular community health screenings; opening satellite physician offices to bring TLC closer to our patients; and creating the best possible environment for everyone in the Harrington HealthCare system. That includes physicians, nurses, technicians, clinical staff, volunteers and medical students, and, most important of all, patients and their families.
In the past two years, in order to provide Total Local Care to our community, we have:
- Opened a cancer treatment center (The Cancer Center at Harrington) at the edge of our hospital campus to give great care close to home;
- Successfully transitioned the former Hubbard Hospital in nearby Webster to a Harrington operation (now called Harrington HealthCare at Hubbard) that features a full-service outpatient center with a 24/7 Emergency Room;
- Embarked upon a series of customer-care initiatives designed to improve the care our patients receive;
- Constructed a medical office building on Route 20 in Charlton (Harrington HealthCare at Charlton), adjacent to our brand new MRI operation;
- Installed state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging equipment throughout our locations as part of a collaboration with Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center;
- Launched a comprehensive Women’s Health Center in our main hospital building;
- Conducted extensive renovations in our main hospital building, bringing the best in comfort and equipment to our patient rooms;
- Become a teaching hospital of the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
We’re proud of these achievements and excited about plans to continue the growth of our hospital. We can look forward to further improvements and a continued commitment to providing the best in Total Local Care to our community.
Edward Moore, President and Chief Executive Officer
James Waddick, Chairperson of the Board of Directors
Terri Colognesi, Immediate Past Chairman of the Board of Directors