A Message from Harrington Leadership
Welcome to the Harrington HealthCare System Community,
We are a thriving regional independent healthcare system, anchored by Harrington Hospital in Southbridge and Harrington HealthCare at Hubbard in Webster, Massachusetts. We serve south central Massachusetts and northern Connecticut by providing personalized, attentive care as well as state-of-the-art equipment and medical techniques to better serve our patients.
Our mission is to provide TLC – Total Local Care – to everyone in our community. That means safely serving our patients and their families; taking a central role in the community by holding regular community health screenings; opening satellite physician offices to bring TLC closer to our patients; and creating the best possible environment for everyone in the Harrington HealthCare system. That includes physicians, nurses, technicians, clinical staff, volunteers and medical students, and, most important of all, patients and their families.
In order to provide Total Local Care to our community, we have:
- Opened a satellite facility at 20 Southbridge Road in Charlton, which houses our Ophthalmolgy physicians and Optical Shop, as well as re-located and expanded our Rehab Services department;
- Opened a Harrington Physician Services medical office in Spencer at 118 West Main Street. The space has been expanded to fit nine providers and will include ancillary services like a lab draw station;
- Continued our dedication to customer-care initiatives designed to improve our patient experience;
- Been rewarded by numerous quality awards, including being named a Top Hospital in Massachusetts for 2013 by The Leapfrog Group;
- Launched a capital campaign to rebuild the Emergency Department at our Webster campus. The project broke ground October 2013 and is expected to be complete in October 2014.
- Purchased a high tech UV machine that destroys major bacteria, including c diff, to increae infection control and patient safety measures;
- Received a $500,000 state grant to improve behavioral health serviceas and the new electronic information exchange;
- Recruited numerous primary care and specialty physicians to our affiliated group, Harrington Physician Services, to offer our patients greater access to care.
We’re proud of these achievements and excited about plans to continue the growth of our hospital. We can look forward to further improvements and a continued commitment to providing the best in Total Local Care to our community.
Edward Moore, President and Chief Executive Officer
James Waddick, Chairperson of the Board of Directors
Terri Colognesi, Immediate Past Chairman of the Board of Directors