Webster Capital Campaign
Strengthening Our Future: Capital Campaign
Watch a Virtual Tour of the New Emergency Department below.
For more than 80 years, the Webster community has received their medical care from its cornerstore facility on Thompson Road. To be able to continue to meet those needs, Harrington HealthCare System embarked upon a critical Capital Campaign to rebuild the aging Emergency Department.
Our campaign kicked off in March 2012 with a $8 million goal. We received numerous generous donations from the community, gifts from local businesses and state aid. Our biggest gift was a $4 million matching grant from longtime philanthropist and Webster resident Arthur Remillard Jr. and his Remillard Family Foundation. The new Emergency Department broke ground in October 2013 and will open in the fall of 2014.
The reconstruction will increase the number of beds from five to nine, increase the square footage from 3,000 square feet to 13,000 square feet, and allow Harrington to accommodate the increased patient traffic it expects in the years to come.
The new Emergency Department will include:
• Improved patient privacy, comfort and confidentiality, including a new registration area that can accommodate the increasing numbers of patients while protecting patient confidentiality and privacy
• Three separate areas for psychiatric emergency service patients
• A private family waiting area
• A rebuilt and enhanced ambulance entrance
• A newly constructed main entrance and lobby