The New Emergency Department
The planned reconstruction of the Emergency Department includes the following important elements.
- Nine treatment rooms, including a Trauma, Cardiac and Negative Pressure Room
- Expansion from 3,000-square-feet to 10,000-square-feet
- The purchase and installation of all new state-of-the-art equipment
- A private family waiting area
- Improved patient privacy and comfort, including a new registration area to accommodate the increasing numbers of patients while protecting their privacy
- Three separate areas for psychiatric emergency service patients
- A rebuilt and enhanced ambulance entrance
- A newly constructed main entrance and lobby
Our future strength and ability to provide outstanding care in Webster depends heavily on ensuring that we expand our Emergency Department so that we have the most modern technologies and facilities. Harrington HealthCare at Hubbard plans to complete this rebuild and furnish the Department with modern equipment using funds raised from our development campaign. The total project cost of this much-needed reconstruction project, which will ensure that the residents in the region receive adequate emergency care for many years to come, is estimated at $9 million.