May 12, 2010
Community Gets First Look at Charlton Medical Site with Open House
Charlton, Mass., May 12, 2010 - Harrington HealthCare at Charlton, an expansive new outpatient facility offering state-of-the-art medical treatment, will open its doors to the community from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 22, for an Open House and Health Fair.
The activities include tours of the facility at 10 North Main Street plus a Health Fair that features activities for all members of the family, including a doll clinic where children can have a cast put on their dolls or teddy bears, face painting, free vision, blood pressure and sun-damage screenings, fitness demonstrations, complimentary popcorn and other refreshments, and a visit by the Charlton Fire Department and their shiny fire engines. Financial counselors will be on hand to assist people in obtaining health insurance.
Harrington HealthCare at Charlton, at the intersection of Route 20 and North Main Street, already is home to four high-quality, community-based family practice physicians - Drs. Martin Devine, Leah Doret, Elizabeth Fuller and Monika Mathur.
The facility, part of Harrington HealthCare System, which includes Harrington Hospital in Southbridge, also will house:
• Physicians specializing in Cardiology, Ob/Gyn, Orthopedics, Urogynecology and Urology,
• Diagnostic Imaging, including digital mammography, MRI, bone densitometry, ultrasound and X-Ray, all read by radiologists from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Children's Hospital Boston,
• Laboratory Services, including a blood draw station,
• Rehabilitation Services, including neurological, orthopedic and sports medicine programs and treatments,
• Outpatient Behavioral Health Services, including a full range of psychiatric and counseling services, such as assessment, medication management, individual therapy, couples therapy and family therapy,
• Wound Care Treatment featuring state-of-the-art Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers, which aid in the healing process. Harrington HealthCare at Charlton is the only facility for many miles to offer Hyperbaric Oxygen treatment.
"Harrington HealthCare at Charlton is the latest example of Harrington's efforts to bring healthcare to the communities we serve," said Ed Moore, President and CEO of Harrington HealthCare System. "Patients will not have to travel long distances, fight city traffic or park in an expensive garage to receive the highest quality medical care."