June 18, 2010
Harrington HealthCare at Charlton Given State Approval to Open
CHARLTON, Mass., June 18, 2010 - The state Department of Public Health has granted approval to Harrington HealthCare at Charlton, an expansive new outpatient facility offering state-of-the-art medical treatment to the region.
The 22,000-square-foot facility at 10 North Main Street, near the intersection of Route 20, is now accepting appointments for patients in a variety of essential medical services to the region, including Specialty Physicians, Wound Care with Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers, Diagnostic Imaging, including MRI and Digital Mammography, Outpatient Behavioral Health Services, Laboratory Services and Physical Therapy.
"With the opening of Harrington HealthCare at Charlton, patients will not have to travel long distances, fight city traffic or park in an expensive garage to receive the highest quality medical care," said Ed Moore, President and CEO of Harrington HealthCare System.
"At a time when many organizations are pulling back, closing offices or facilities, we're bringing physicians and services to communities that have a need for additional medical care and additional doctors," he added. "Harrington HealthCare at Charlton is the latest example of Harrington's efforts to bring TLC - Total Local Care - to the communities we serve."
Harrington HealthCare at Charlton, part of Harrington HealthCare System, which includes Harrington Hospital in Southbridge, is home to:
• Four popular Family Practice Physicians plus physicians specializing in Cardiology, Ob/Gyn, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Urogynecology and Urology,
• Diagnostic Imaging, including digital mammography, MRI, bone densitometry, ultrasound and X-Ray, all read by radiologists from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Children's Hospital Radiologists,
• Laboratory Services, including a blood draw station,
• Rehabilitation Services, including neurological, orthopedic and sports medicine programs and treatments,
• Outpatient Behavioral Health Services, including a full range of psychiatric and counseling services, such as assessment, medication management, individual therapy, couples therapy and family therapy,
• Wound Care Treatment featuring state-of-the-art Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers, which aid in the healing process. Harrington HealthCare at Charlton is the only facility for many miles to offer Hyperbaric Oxygen treatment.
One suite of Harrington HealthCare at Charlton, housing MRI services provided by Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, opened one year ago. In February, four community-based family practice physicians - Drs. Martin Devine, Leah Doret, Elizabeth Fuller and Monika Mathur - began seeing patients at the site. DPH approval allows Harrington HealthCare at Charlton's remaining services to open.