January 26, 2015
Operations Announcements for Wednesday, January 28:
Harrington HealthCare System expects to resume to normal operating business hours on Wednesday at all our main locations and offices. Many patients have already been contacted or notified to verify or reschedule appointments and testing. All ancillary and outpatient services including Radiology, Laboratory, Cardiology, Respiratory, and most surgical cases will resume on schedule.
The following are exceptions/modifications for WEDNESDAY:
1. Rehabilitation services at all three sites (Charlton, Southbridge, and Webster) will open at noon.
2. The following Harrington Physician Services offices will remain CLOSED for Wednesday: Ophthalmology and Optical Shop (20 Southbridge Road, Charlton); Endocrinology (128 Main Street, Suite 2, Sturbridge); Pediatrics (100 South St, Medican Arts Suite 102); Family Practice of Hope Ring, M.D. and Heather Briere, N.P. (128 Main Street, Suite 4, Sturbridge).
3. The Cancer Center at Harrington will open at 10 a.m.
4. All Behavioral Health Services offices will open at noon.
There may be additional services or offices being determined at this time based on patients' needs and staffing. If you have any concerns or questions regarding an appointment or test, you are encouraged to call the main office number or the appropriate department today or tomorrow morning to verify.
** RELEASED: Monday, January 26**
In anticipation of the historic blizzard expected tonight through Wednesday morning, we are preparing for the safety of our patients, staff, and personnel.
The governor has declared a State of Emergency effective midnight tonight to Wednesday.
All Harrington HealthCare System offices will be closed tomorrow (Tuesday, January 27). These include:
• All off-campus locations, including Spencer, 10 N. Main Charlton, Harrington HealthCare at 169
• All Harrington Physician Services offices, including Primary Care and Specialists
• All elective ancillary testing and surgical cases
• All Rehabilitation Services, including Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech, and Audiology
• Wound Care Center
• Cancer Center
• All Behavioral Health offices (Recovery, Substance Abuse, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Counseling, PHP)
• Our Pine Street locations and Administrative offices
All other areas will be open to provide essential services to our community, including our Southbridge and Webster Emergency Departments, and our Southbridge inpatient units.
Department Directors and Managers will be monitoring the weather closely through Tuesday evening and will be utilizing phone trees and patient lists to determine whether sites will be open on Wednesday.