October 26, 2010
Six Nominated to be Members of Harrington HealthCare
SOUTHBRIDGE, Mass., Oct. 26, 2010 - Harrington has nominated six individuals to serve as Members of Harrington HealthCare System, including State Senator Richard T. Moore of Uxbridge.
The nominees are:
• Martin D. Devine, M.D., a family practice physician with offices at Harrington HealthCare at Charlton
• William DuPont, Chairman of the Board of Hubbard Health Systems, which owns the Webster site where Harrington HealthCare at Hubbard is located
• William Lannon, President and CEO of United Lens in Southbridge
• State Senator Richard T. Moore, Chairman of the Massachusetts Legislature's Committee on Health Care Financing
• Endre Tamas, M.D., an anesthesiologist who is President of the Harrington Medical Staff
• Dewey J. Tiberii, D.M.D, an orthodontist in Southbridge who is a member of the Southbridge Lions Club and on the Board of Directors at Savers Bank in Southbridge
The nominees will stand for election at the Nov. 2 Annual Meeting of Harrington HealthCare System. The existing 52 Members will vote on the nominees. Harrington, under new bylaws approved at last year's Annual Meeting, can have up to 60 Members. Prior to the approval of Harrington HealthCare System's new bylaws last year, Members were known as Trustees.
Members, who serve terms of up to three years, elect Harrington HealthCare System's Board of Directors during the organization's Annual Meeting.