Are you a candidate for specialized wound care?
If you suffer with a chronic or non healing wound, ask your Physician about a referral to our Wound Care Center, or contact us directly at 508-248-8105 for an assessment. If you are a candidate for this outpatient program, the Wound Care Center will immediately work with you and your doctor to deliver the following:
- Assessment and ongoing care by our highly skilled team of wound care specialists, including a case manager who will oversee every aspect of your treatment;
- An individualized, comprehensive plan of care that brings you the most appropriate and effective treatments for your specific needs.
- Proven clinical protocols;
- Advanced therapies, such as hyperbaric oxygen therapy;
- Education for you and your family to help healing happen at home, including materials and resources related to prevention, nutrition and hygiene;
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with you and your doctor so that you each can remain informed about your progress.
What to expect when you visit the Wound Care Center
The first appointment consists of an assessment by our skilled wound care team, a review of your medical history, blood tests, and recommendations for your treatment plan. Please be sure to bring to this appointment your medical records, insurance information, a list of current medications, and a list of your allergies. Initial appointments may take anywhere from 45 minutes to two hours.
Your weekly treatment may consist of:
- Vascular evaluation
- Laboratory evaluation
- Debridement (Debridement is when unhealthy tissue in and around the wound area is removed.)
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Infectious disease management
- Diabetic education
- Nutritional management
- Pain management
- Physical Therapy
- Specific and Individualized dressing selection
For more information, please visit the Wound Care Center FAQ Section.