Advanced and Evidence-Based
The Wound Care Center at Harrington offers you and your physician(s) access to state-of-the-art outpatient clinical wound care and hyperbaric medicine.
We specialze in advanced wound care, using a variety of clinical treatments, therapies and supportive services to treat chronic wounds. Our physician-driven, multi-discplinary approach to outpatient wound care has a superior success rate in facilitating the healing process.
Who benefits from Wound Care?
A patient may benefit from wound care treatment if they have a wound that has not begun to heal in two weeks, or is not completely healed in six weeks. In general, you are encouraged to contact a Wound Care Center physician if you notice:
- Increasing redness around the wound
- Warm or red skin
- A red streak spreading from the wound
- An increase in wound drainage
- Pus or coudy fluid draining from the wound
- A foul odor or abnormal smell
- Fever or chills
- Increased pain
- Tenderness at or in the area of the infected bone
- Increasing swelling around the wound
- The wound is getting bigger
- The wound has blisters, black or brown dead tissue
- Increased weakness
As part of our comprehensive care plan, The Wound Care Center offers supportive services for our patients, including:
- Diabetic Education
- Nutritional Management
- Specific and Individualized Dressing Selections
- Foot Care
For more information, please visit the Wound Care Center FAQ Section.