Pysch Emergency Services
Any person in need of immediate treatment to address a life-threatening emergency should call 911. Crisis evaluations can take place in the Emergency Care Center of any hospital after the medical emergency is addressed.
As a collaborative effort between Harrington HealthCare System and Riverside Community Care, we offer adult and youth psychiatric emergency services 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Mobile Crisis Intervention (MCI) is available for those who:
- Are under 21 years of age;
- Suffer from a Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED)
- Are experiencing a Behavioral Health Crisis
- Who are uninsured or covered by MassHealth Only or
MassHealth Managed Care
How Does it Work?
Any concerned person can make a call to the Mobile Crisis Team by dialing 1-877-750-3127.
A mental health professional will take your call and gather basic information to help determine what type of intervention is needed. An assigned MCI clinician will return your call within 15 minutes to discuss the nature of the crisis and location of the youth who needs intervention. Youth under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian present. Interventions can take place in any safe, appropriate location in the community, including the home, foster placement, group home or other living situation. Youth can also be seen at school, police stations and courts. The MCI team will arrive at the agreed upon location within 60 minutes.
The MCI team will make every effort to de-escalate the situation. Stabilization will be provided to help keep the Youth at home. All options for care will be discussed, including transportation. A crisis plan will be provided, and may include follow-up contact.
To Contact the Mobile Crisis Team: 1-877-750-3127
The Mobile Crisis Teams for Youth are available to respond to requests for services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Services are available to individuals in Brimfield, Brookfield, Charlton, Dudley, East Brookfield, Holland, North Brookfield, Oxford, Southbridge, Sturbridge, Wales, Warren, Webster and West Brookfield.
If you are experiencing a Mental Health Crisis and you are:
- Twenty-one years of age or older;
- Not in need of immediate medical intervention (treatment for an overdose of medication or other substances, uncontrollable bleeding, serious burns or other injuries);
- Uninsured or covered by Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership (MBHP), Mass Health Only, DMH Only, Medicare Only, Medicare/Medicaid, Network Health/Mass Health or Health Safety Net;
- Located in Brimfield, Brookfield, Charlton, Dudley, East Brookfield, Holland, North Brookfield, Oxford, Southbridge, Sturbridge, Wales, Warren, Webster or West Brookfield
You may be able to get the help you need in your home or at a location close to your home.*
About Our Services
Psychiatric Emergency Service Clinicians are available 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. All calls for crisis intervention will be triaged by a Mental Health Specialist.
The information gathered during the triage call will help us to make recommendations for the most appropriate location for the intervention to take place. Individuals can be seen in any safe, appropriate location including residential or community-based.
You may still choose to be seen at a Hospital Emergency Center. The crisis team will only recommend this option for individuals who are in need of emergency medical treatment or who require special precautions to insure safety during the intervention.