The Harrington Hospital Auxiliary is delighted to announce the continuation of its annual scholarship program. In spite of the current restrictions related to the COVID virus and our limited ability to fundraise, we are still able to offer five $1,000 scholarships to students pursuing a career in health care.
All applications should be submitted electronically or postmarked by April 1, 2023.
Scholarship Application Information:
· Five (one year) scholarships will be awarded by The Harrington Hospital Auxiliary in June of 2023. Each scholarship will be in the amount of $1,000.00. Applicants must be planning to pursue a career in Health Care and must be accepted into an accredited Health Care Program.
· To be eligible, applicants must reside in one of the Central Massachusetts or North Eastern Connecticut communities served by Harrington Hospital.
An Applicant must be identified as one of the following:
· A student who is graduating from an area high school in 2023.
· An individual who has already graduated from an area high school and who has not been a previous recipient of a Harrington Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship.
· An individual who has received a high school graduate equivalency diploma (G.E.D.).
· An individual who has been home educated and who has met all high school graduation criteria as set forth by their local School Board.
Any person who is an employee or a relative of an employee of Harrington Hospital and affiliations who meets the above criteria is eligible to apply.
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE:
· A current TRANSCRIPT of your high school or college record, including grades, grade point average, and rank in-class (when applicable).
· PSAT, SAT I or II, ACT scores, or other pertinent standardized test scores.
· A personal (student written) ESSAY (on a separate sheet) describing why you wish to further your education in the field of Health Care.
· TWO letters of reference. We request one letter from a faculty member, guidance counselor, or other school personnel. The second letter should be written by an individual who knows you from the workplace, church, organization, or volunteer organization
© 2023 UMass Memorial Health
Our top priority is to protect you, our patients, communities, and healthcare workers.