Harrington is pleased to welcome a new specialty service for its community: Physical Medicine (Physiatry) and Rehab, also known as PM&R.
In general, Physiatrists provide integrated care in the treatment of conditions related to the brain, spinal cord, nerves, muscles, and bones. These conditions can impair your mobility, self-care skills, ability to work or participation in recreational activities.
Read our Blog: What is a Physiatrist?
Conditions can be temporary like sports injuries, or more chronic like arthritis, spinal cord injury or trauma.
The goal of PM&R medicine is to enhance a patient’s quality of life by increasing functional skills and decreasing pain.
Our PM&R office will offer Electromyography (EMG) and Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS) in addition to a variety of treatments, including:
• Trigger point injections
• Peripheral joint injections
• Peripheral nerve blocks/hydrodissection
• Osteopathic manipulative treatment
• Lumbar facet joint injections
• Lumbar medial branch blocks
• Lumbar epidural steroid injections
• Sacroiliac Joint Injections
Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT) Procedures:
• Myofascial release
• Facilitated positional release
• Muscle energy
• Proprioneurofacilitative stretching
• High-velocity low amplitude (HVLA)
• Extensive experience with coaching of stretching and exercise
Harrington Physician Services
100 South Street, Medical Arts Suite 108