Harrington is pleased to welcome a new specialty service for its community: Physical Medicine (Physiatry) and Rehab, also known as PM&R.
In general, Physiatrists provide integrated care in the treatment of conditions related to the brain, spinal cord, nerves, muscles, and bones. These conditions can impair your mobility, self-care skills, ability to work or participation in recreational activities.
Conditions can be temporary like sports injuries, or more chronic like arthritis, spinal cord injury or trauma.
The goal of PM&R medicine is to enhance a patient’s quality of life by increasing functional skills and decreasing pain.
Our PM&R office will offer Electromyography (EMG) and Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS) in addition to a variety of treatments, including:
• Trigger point injections
• Peripheral joint injections
• Peripheral nerve blocks/hydrodissection
• Osteopathic manipulative treatment
• Lumbar facet joint injections
• Lumbar medial branch blocks
• Lumbar epidural steroid injections
• Sacroiliac Joint Injections
Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT) Procedures:
• Myofascial release
• Facilitated positional release
• Muscle energy
• Proprioneurofacilitative stretching
• High-velocity low amplitude (HVLA)
• Extensive experience with coaching of stretching and exercise
Harrington Physician Services
100 South Street, Medical Arts Suite 108