The Harrington Auxiliary is a dedicated group of individuals who have joined together since 1932 to volunteer their time and services to Harrington and the community. We work to create an atmosphere of friendliness, helpfulness and goodwill. We financially support programs and services that benefit the mission of Harrington HealthCare System, as well as the community.
About our Membership
We cordially invite you to join our organization. We are looking for members of all ages to participate in a variety of activities and subcommittees. It is a great opportunity to give back to your local healthcare system and your community by applying your interest, talents and expertise to the Auxiliary. You can provide the most precious of all gifts–your time.
We also invite you to join us at our quarterly membership luncheons at local restaurants. They include programs which provide us with an afternoon of entertainment, education and socializing.
2018 Executive Board Members
President Connie Favreau
First Vice-President Lucette Favreau
Second Vice-President Barbara Avery
Treasurer Barbara Plasse
Recording Secretary Ann Marie Argitis
Directors Helen Lenti & Betsy Peppel
The Harrington Auxiliary is proud to award four (one year) scholarships, each in the amount of $3,000. These scholarships support students pursuing a career in the health care field, including Nursing, Doctor of Medicine, Technologist and Therapist (among others). Criteria:
•All applicants must reside in the Harrington HealthCare System service area.
• Previous scholarship recipients may not apply.
• Applicants must be a graduating senior, or a high school graduate or a GED recipient, or an adult student from the community.
• Applicants can be home educated provided the homeschooling program has the approval of the local school board.
• Hospital employees or relatives of employees may apply, providing the above criteria is met.
Applications are now being accepted for 2019! Download the application form here.
Auxiliary members Pat Motyka and Mary Anne Hickey co-chair the scholarship committee. Other members included Jean Welch, Judy Martinek and Kathy Norrgard; Barbara Avery, the Auxiliary’s second vice president, served as an advisor to the committee.
More details and application forms are available in your High School Guidance Services or contact Harrington Hospital Volunteer
Services at (508) 765-6472.
- Heather Fontaine, a Quaboag High School graduate, plans to study physical therapy at Springfield College.
- Shepherd Hill Regional High School graduate Marissa Fontaine is enrolled at the University of Massachusetts Boston with the goal of becoming a surgeon.
- Megan Marrier graduated from Bartlett High School and will study nursing at the University of Rhode Island.
- A recent graduate of Southbridge High School, Frances Garcia has been accepted into the nursing program at Anna Maria College.
- Also destined for nursing school is Shivani Patel, who graduated from Bay Path Regional Vocational Technical High School. She is enrolled in the program at the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
Grace Kirk Memorial Scholarship: In June of 2012, the family of Grace Kirk, a devoted and passionate 23-year Harrington Auxiliary volunteer, established a memorial fund in her name to support the Harrington Auxiliary Scholarship Program. The 2018 Grace Kirk Memorial Scholarship was given to Emily French, a graduate of Shepherd Hill Regional High School.