Our Southbridge campus features five ORs and a renovated ambulatory care unit.
Clinical Excellence in Surgical Services
Whether it is an expected surgery or an emergency, we prove the same high-quality care to all our patients of all ages. Many of our surgical nurses are certified beyond their required registration and licensure and there is one RNFA specializing in orthopedics. All surgery technicians are fully certified.
Our Southbridge campus has five ORs, including a laminar flow room ideal for procedures like total joint replacement, an endoscopy-specific procedure unit and a new six-bed Ambulatory Care Unit (ACU).
We also have pediatric and inpatient pre-op prep rooms where guests are allowed to sit with loved ones until they are brought into the main OR area.
Our Webster campus also has a same-day surgical unit and operating room.
• On average, the surgical team at Harrington performs about 650 cases per month in this facility.
• In 2015, over 7,750 procedures were performed. In 2016, over 7,900 procedures were performed.
• Each year, we perform more than 200 pediatric cases and over 2,500 endoscopy procedures.
Types of Surgical Procedures Offered:
- Cardiac including cardioversion, performed to treat cardiac arrhythmias
- Cosmetic procedures including liposuction and augmentations
- Dental Reconstructions & other oral procedures
- Ear, Nose & Throat including tonsil and adenoid removal and formal sinus surgery
- Eye procedures, including cataract surgery
- Gastrointestinal procedures and screenings
- General surgeries, including gallbladder removal, hernia repair, appendectomies, bowel resections, breast biopsies and mastectomies
- Gynecologic procedures, including dilation & curettage, hysteroscopy, uterine ablation, laparoscopic and open hysterectomies.
- Orthopedic procedures, both open and arthroscopic
- Thoracic surgeries, including pacemaker implantation
- Urologic procedures such as vasectomy and lithotripsy
- Vascular procedures
Many of our general surgeons also specialize in wound care treatment and see patients at our Wound Care Center in Charlton.
We believe in the team approach, which is why we are in constant communication with our anesthesiologists, nursing staff, laboratory staff, radiologists and other medical professionals.
We have cared for local families for generations, and we know that patients want to be treated as more than a number. At very stressful times, we strive to put patients at ease.
We teach children and parents about how to prepare for pediatric surgery. We also encourage parents to stay with their children up to and following operations, we review laboratory and imaging results promptly and we try to facilitate our patients’ discharge through next-day by following-up with their specialists and primary care physicians.
Ask your primary care physician or specialist for a referral to Harrington Physician Services for your surgical needs.
For more information on our orthopedic surgical services, please click here.
Harrington Physician Services General Surgery
100 South St., Suite 108