Your heart is in the right place when you see one of Harrington’s cardiology specialists.
Harrington Physician Services’ Dr. Paul Santolucito discusses what to expect at a cardiology appointment.
We offer preventive and general cardiology services on an outpatient basis. Cardiology consults are also offered as part of our inpatient service, in the Intensive Care Unit, and through the cardiac rehabilitation program at Harrington.
Harrington Physician Services’ Cardiology Department is made up of Dr. Paul Santolucito, Dr. Ali Nezhad and Nurse Practitioner Paula Shonak. The office is located in Southbridge adjacent to the main hospital building. Dr. John Tumolo also has a private cardiology practice on our Southbridge campus.
Our services include:
• Exercise stress testing
• Pharmacologic stress testing
• Nuclear imaging
• Electrocardiography & Stress Echocardiography
• Cardiac catheterization
• 30-day event monitoring*
• 24-hour Holter monitoring*
• Management of congestive heart failure (CHF), heart rhythm disorders and valvular heart disease
• Pacemaker and defibrillator management and monitoring
• Implantable loop recorder monitoring
• Transesophageal echocardiography*
• Transthoracic echocardiography*
• Cardiac rehabilitation (Referral to Harrington Cardiac Rehab)
• Advanced lipid and hypertension management
• Anticoagulation management
• Intensive care consultations
• Inpatient consultations
*Performed in Harrington’s Heart Station
Drs. Santolucito and Tumolo also perform cardiac catheterizations at UMass Memorial Healthcare in Worcester.
Our cardiologists work hand-in-hand with your primary care physician to diagnose, treat, and manage a wide range of cardiac problems, including coronary artery disease, chest pain, arrhythmias, heart murmurs, valvular heart disease, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, congestive heart failure and pacemaker therapy.
EKG testing is available at our Charlton, Southbridge and Webster locations.
Dr. Cynthia Ennis, a UMass Memorial HealthCare Cardiologist, is on site once per month to perform outpatient electrophysiology procedures.